Monday, June 02, 2008

Into The Wild

The month of May was a very crazy month. I was out of work all month. I had car problems which caused me to have financial problems, because I spent all my money on trying to get my car fixed. So I am practicality penniless. Living on my moms couch.

This has caused me to contemplate my life. It has left me wondering about where I am headed? What is my personal legend? Does God have an adventure planed for me? Am I destined for a life of holding on tightly to the nothing that I have? Will I settle for a life of quiet desperation? Racking up more and more debts. Constantly in and out of work. Or will I some how pull out of this tail spin?

I dream of great things. I want to be a minister. I want to be a missionary. I long to travel the world and to preach the word of God and see it change peoples lives.Will I live a life of impact? Will I settle for a lukewarm existence? Will I live the average middle class life? Will I travel to China or Iran?

But I kind of feel like I am afraid of the wild. I am worried about the unknown. I like the safety of previous experience and knowing that things can't go all that bad. But to live the life I want I must live by faith. Which requires doing things with out having any idea how they will really happen.

Thank you Christopher McCandless. Alexander Supertramp you have been an inspiration.

No comments: