Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Airport

They say you can't go home again but it seems like you can and if you had a crazy childhood like me sometimes it gets better.

On Thursday I made the journey from LAX to O'Hare a journey that I had done repeatedly since I was 13, but stopped making when I was about 25. I spent weeks in transit between during my junior year of High School. That year I was living in Chicago with my Dad but since I was rebelling against him and everything else I would use every opportunity to fly back to LA. Since I flew stand by the airports became my turf where I was master of my domain, even though like every where else I had no control it seemed there was always hope and the airport and the chance to get a flight and to go where I wanted or needed to be. So on Thursday when I hunkered down to wait for my standby flight to Chicago it felt like going home again.

P.S. I only had to wait 4 hours to get a flight though I did have to crawl on the floor to get it.

No comments: