Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Quest For My Favorite Movie

OK I have a confession to make. I have been lie about my favorite movie. I haven't really had a favorite movie up until now so I would tell people that my favorite movie was a movie I think they would like or one that I have like for a long time. The other day I was asked by a stranger (a guy I meet on a tour of the earthquake affected areas of Sichuan) about my favorite movie. I gave him some of my old stand by and then Amber mentioned her favorite movies and I realized I need to discover what my real favorites are.

Here are my criteria.
1. It needs to be re-watchable.
I think a favorite movie needs to be able to be watched a million times and hold up under the strain.
2. It needs to have inspire emotion.
I have never been a big fan of mindless movies so the movie needs to make me think or laugh or cry or all off the above not just pass the time.
3. Really I was kind of done with criteria after number.

So I have started to repeatedly watch movies I like, to see how they hold up to the re-watchable criteria. My candidates so far are; "Pursuit of Happyness", "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and "Elf" which I hadn't seen until the start of this endeavor but was hilarious.

No comments: