Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008: Year of The Ant

Proverbs 30:25
Ants are creatures of little strength,
yet they store up their food in the summer

Proverbs 6:6-8
Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

For me 2007 was a year of transformation through adventure. I went into the year with complete freedom ready to conquer. With Gods strength being claimed as my own. Over the year I have tried to save the damsel, conquered a new land, criss crossed across America, became a lost boy, and journeyed to the center of the earth. Through all this God showed me his amazing grace and shone his providence on me.

Through all the things I have learned during 07 and all the places I have been I see that in 08 I must do a lot more gathering and storing. Both financially, physically, educationally and spiritually I need to do a lot of work. There is so many things I need to do to set up for the winters to come ( a thought that makes me shudder). My hope is that I will be setting up for even greater harvests but only God know what the future truly holds.

No comments: