Saturday, March 14, 2009

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the American Dream (Part 1)

Oh America, you nation of dreams. I have been affected by the nation’s economic crisis for quite some time now. I have been unemployed for nearly a year now, and my last job was in wholesale sales so really early we were hit by the economic apocalypse that world is facing right now.

For months my only solace during the bitter economics times was that the news kept saying it is not my fault but I was participating in the nations suffering. It felt as if I was doing my duty as an economic citizen. Me being unemployed wasn't my fualt and I was enduring the economic hardship so the economy could get better.

Then in February the times began too seem too troubling. I was suffering and so were the mass of my friends. One of my buddies worked three hours a week just so he could have a job, other friends lousing jobs completely. Everywhere people were being evicted or nearly evicted from their homes. Myself, I was only able to rely on the all power God and his manna of unemployment checks. Everywhere there was a since of woe. It felt like those that had jobs began to have contempt for those that did not, similar to that felt by a man with a brain does for zombies.

While logically a person could think that the zombie is a victim of circumstance and someone could feel bad for the zombie; all a person can think about is how they don’t want it to happen to them. Plus the employed feel like those who don’t have jobs are living of those who do.

So it is within this apocalyptic world that I a zombie began to despair for my fellow man: seeing the economic time as bleak, thinking that the American dream has come to an end, wanting to flee to a nation with a cure.

No comments: